Wednesday, December 25, 2013

ABOUT ME

I want to clarify something to those who are in my circle of influence. I am going to share some things you may not know about me.
 
I was convicted of four felonies in 1999, and was on probation for ten and half years and am now on parole. I graduated from Maranatha Christian School in 1997, and had gone to church nearly every Sunday growing up. I called myself a Christian through it all, but it wasn't until 2010 that God decided to reveal Himself in me.
 
God brought me to a place of broken surrender where I was finally able to let Him be God. I lost my freedom, my family, and every physical possession except my clothes when I went to jail in August 2010 for violating my probation. It was there that I learned the Truth of Jesus' words "Only one thing is needed". Through God's grace I was given 20 months to get to know my Lord, and we spent 6-8 hours a day for the whole 20 months praying and reading the Word.
 
I have been out of prison since May of 2012, and God has been rebuilding my life as He continues to write His story. I am a five point Calvinist as defined by the world, but I am only who God has made me to be and I only know what He has given me. I hold to the absolute truth of the word of God, of the written Word's inerrancy, and to the sovereign God's ability to preserve His Word. I am the King's, and I am His to do with as He pleases.

I manage a flooring store in Boise. I have two children from two different moms. I am engaged to an amazing woman with two of her own kids, and I am constantly just in awe of what God is doing in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment