Tuesday, May 6, 2014

TRY NOT TO TRY

The reality of the Gospel goes against everything we know. AFTER we have tried our hardest, AFTER we have done our best, maybe then we will find the proper humility before the God who holds the universe in the palm of His hand. God will not give us the impossible because we have done anything to obtain it, but rather HE will do the impossible because we have nothing to do with it.

We want to strive, to fight, and to hit the mark, but the more we try the more we realize that we can never hit that mark. We are ALL sinners though, and we will NEVER hit that mark. It seems we must each come to the end of our self before we finally accept that only God can do what we cannot. Even under the banner of the Lord we still foolishly strive, placing confidence in our own abilities.

God is God, and His will stands forever. Our ONLY focus should be to humble ourselves before Him and man through faith. Everything was created for His glory.

Romans 11:36

For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Colossians 1:16

For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

Since everything was created by Him, for Him, through Him, and to Him, is it any surprise that God will not share His glory with another? God will resist our futile efforts until we come to a place of humble surrender.


Isaiah 42:8-9 NKJV

"I am the Lord , that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images. Behold, the former things have come to pass, And new things I declare; Before they spring forth I tell you of them.”

Isaiah 48:11

"For My own sake, for My own sake, I will do it;
For how should My name be profaned?
And I will not give My glory to another."

This is the very glorious truth of the Gospel!! God in us, moving according to His good pleasure, to perform His will in our lives. Let us do our part and humble ourselves before the Lord, and let Him do His part and glorify His great Name by lifting us up! Try not to try.

Romans 1:16-17

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

2 Corinthians 3:18

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment