Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Suicide and Hell

Anonymous Question: I only have one question for you sir. What are your beliefs when it come to someone committing suicide? Do they go straight to hell?


My Answer: I don't believe that they do sir. The Bible describes an all powerful, merciful, just, and loving God who has chosen to love us and save us only because it pleases Him to do so. We are ALL sinners, in which nothing good dwells, and the selfishness in us is the evidence of the sin. God saves whom He wishes, and those He saves EVERY sin is forgiven and forgotten. It is God who saves us, not us who saves us, so no matter what we do God will perform His purpose and pleasure. A saved person who has not come to fully know the love God has for them could very easily kill them self, but God's love for that person is unconditional and will not change no matter what they do. God's love is AMAZING!


Romans 9:11, 13-18 NKJV
(for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.” What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.


Daniel 4:35 NKJV
All the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing; He does according to His will in the army of heaven And among the inhabitants of the earth. No one can restrain His hand Or say to Him, “What have You done?”


Psalms 33:8-12 NKJV
Let all the earth fear the Lord ; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect. The counsel of the Lord stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord , The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.

If you can hear the voice of Lord calling to your heart my friend, it is because He loves you. Not everyone responds to His voice, but those of us who belong to Him do.

John 10:25-27 NKJV
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me."

2 comments:

  1. Does a person who commits suicide automatically go to hell? Ps.23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. ... The shadow of death then right before death wouldn't you say the physical body is going through hell?We all was put into this physical body only to come out of it.No matter what you have done in this life,LOVE DOESN'T KEEP RECORD OF WRONG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those whose names were written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world will not taste the second death regardless of the sins they have committed, but those whose names were not written will indeed taste that death.

      Delete