Tuesday, November 25, 2014

What do we choose to believe? God, or ourselves?

I read the lyrics to this song, and I am compelled to stand in the gap for truth.

https://www.lds.org/music/text/hymns/if-you-could-hie-to-kolob

If all of the "gods" were created, then where did they come from?

What if I dare propose this food for thought...

The God of the Bible is eternal. No beginning, and no end, by definition. In fact, the Jesus of the Bible is eternal.

John 8:58 NKJV

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Revelation 1:8 NKJV

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

In the Bible the angels are created beings, and they are called "the sons of God".

Job 1:6 NKJV

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord , and Satan also came among them.

To me it is plainly obvious that the God of the Bible is the eternal and great "I AM", and that the god of the Book of Mormon is not the same God. The God of the Bible, Jesus, is the source of all things that stands outside and above the gods of the Book of Mormon. That being said, the god of the Book of Mormon not being the Most High by definition, would be one of the created beings, one of "the sons of God".

Is this not logical reasoning based on the Word?

No comments:

Post a Comment