Thursday, July 9, 2015

My Reflection

Over the past few weeks I have been blasted by many for speaking God's Word and telling the truth. Today I was cleaning my old apartment, and I was just listening to worship music and praying. I don't want to estrange people, so I was just praying "Lord I will follow you anywhere, and I will speak whatever you want me to speak, just let me know that it is you."

I was examining the things I say, and the things I have been saying. Have I been judgmental? Am I inappropriately dividing the Word? What am I doing, and why? I asked that God would just show me. Show me what He wants me to be saying.

Towards the end of the cleaning I had peace in these things. The Word of God, and His Law, is to make EVERYONE guilty before Him. The Word should bring conviction. The Truth should offend. There is no difference between me and another as far as our "deeds" are conerned. We ALL stand guilty. A person has no hope in and of himself, and we must all have our conviction.

We are to use the Word to shine the light into the darkness, exposing the truth in hopes that people will realize that they are sinners under condemnation. Only then, in that place of humility, can one accept that they need a Savior. ONLY FAITH IN JESUS saves. PERIOD. Trust God. Is that not the Gospel?! Is that not how we are made righteous?

Maybe it is that I am failing to offer the solution after revealing the darkness, which would be a greivious error on my part. God forgive me. There is NO HOPE outside of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment