Thursday, August 13, 2015

Forgotten My First Love

Over the last few months as I have been deeply engaged in defending the faith, I have been convicted of a hardened heart. I have forgotten my first love.

“I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars;  and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name’s sake and have not become weary.  Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love."
Revelation 2:2-4 NKJV

The reminder is that all I do must flow forth from my relationship with Jesus, but that I have erroneously focused on my "doing". In doing this I have become clanging brass, for I can of myself do nothing.

It breaks my heart that have strayed from things that I know and preach, and so I receive this correction with sorrowful humility. A fresh I throw myself at His feet, empty of anything I may think I add to Him.

Lord forgive me of my pride, and take me entirely once again as a broken vessel entirely dependant upon Your grace. Truly I am nothing without You. Have Your way, Your will, in my life, and keep me in my humble place. Give me a clean heart Lord. Holy Spirit come and consume me as a fire, burning away all remnants of self that still plague me every day. Thank you that You hear me. Come Lord Jesus, come.

No comments:

Post a Comment