Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Isaiah 6

In family devotions last night we read the first verses of Isaiah 6. These verses generally bring tears to my eyes in admiration of my God.

I asked the boys how Isaiah was brought before God, and we concluded that he was brought there by God.

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple.
Isaiah 6:1 NKJV

Because of the lies of the apostasy going around right now we addressed these verses pointedly in the fact that the angels were NOT saying "God is love", but WERE saying "God is holy". God is HOLY above ALL.

Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!” And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.
Isaiah 6:2-4 NKJV

Then, in response to the holy awesomeness of the Lord God Almighty, Isaiah is utterly humbled and ashamed in is inequity and sin.

So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts.”
Isaiah 6:5 NKJV

After Isaiah was humbled and brought low, which is the proper place of the creature before the Creator, the Lord removed his inequity and purged his sin.

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with  it, and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, And your sin purged.”
Isaiah 6:6-7 NKJV

After God had brought Isaiah before him, and purged him of his sin, THEN Isaiah volunteered to go for God when He asked whom He should send.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
Isaiah 6:8 NKJV

Once we are regenerated it is us who is raising our hand and saying "Here I am! Send me!" Then as we are found a living sacrifice on the alter at different times in our lives, and we are found complaining about the situation, the Holy Spirit will bring this commitment to memory. Did we not say "Here I am! Send me! Do with me as You please and send me where You will."? Why then are we found complaining?

To God be ALL the glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment