Saturday, January 30, 2016

Did More For the Church

According to LDS doctrine Jesus is a babbling failure. He was unable to deliver on His Word.

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.  And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
Matthew 16:18-19 NKJV

After speaking such words to Peter not only did His church fail in Jerusalem and the surrounding areas, but Jesus also came to the Americas to start a church the failed miserably also. What a flop! Poor Jesus couldn't do what Joseph Smith could.

"God is in the still small voice. In all these affidavits, indictments, it is all of the devil--all corruption. Come on! ye prosecutors! ye false swearers! All hell, boil over! Ye burning mountains, roll down your lava! for I will come out on the top at last. I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam. A large majority of the whole have stood by me. Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did it. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I. The followers of Jesus ran away from Him; but the Latter-day Saints never ran away from me yet."

- Joseph Smith in History of the Church, Vol. 6, pp. 408-409.

No comments:

Post a Comment