Sunday, February 7, 2016

How Does God Purify a Man for Service?

This is not done through a series of  cleansing, touching by another person, laying on of hands, or baptism. Don't let someone deceive you by telling you that there is a bunch of things you must do. Those are erroneous commandments of men.

Let's see what God does when purifying a man for service. It is God who equips.

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
II Corinthians 1:21-22 NKJV

For Jeremiah God put His Words in his mouth.

Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, To root out and to pull down, To destroy and to throw down, To build and to plant.” Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see a branch of an almond tree.”
Jeremiah 1:9-11 NKJV

Just like for Jeremiah it is the touching of the lips that is done to Isaiah also, which we just saw in Jeremiah is the putting of the Word into His mouth.

So I said: “Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts.” Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with  it, and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, And your sin purged.” Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
Isaiah 6:5-8 NKJV

Jesus reiterates this as truth when He is speaking to His disciples.

"You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you."
John 15:3 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment