Wednesday, November 16, 2016

What Does God Want From Us?

These verses are saying the same thing.

“I hate, I despise your feast days, And I do not savor your sacred assemblies. Though you offer Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings, I will not accept them, Nor will I regard your fattened peace offerings. Take away from Me the noise of your songs, For I will not hear the melody of your stringed instruments. But let justice run down like water, And righteousness like a mighty stream.
Am 5:21‭-‬24 NKJV

Think about where Jesus talks about how few are saved, yet many TRY to enter but cannot.

Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?” And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Lu 13:23‭-‬24 NKJV

These are the very ones who insist that they did things in His Name, yet He says He never knew them. The door is closed to them, and He does not open it.

When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’  then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’  But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’  There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
Lu 13:25‭-‬28 NKJV

Here is another place it says the same thing as these other verses. Our effort and will is dirty menstrual rags to God, and all that we do according to our will is evil by nature and God hates these things. He desires the contrite and surrendered heart that glorifies Him as God. This is the proper humility of the creature before the Creator, and is the place where the confession of Jesus as Lord is true. This is when God regenerates a man according to Ezekiel and Jeremiah.

Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require. Then I said, “Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it  is written of me. I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is  within my heart.”
Ps 40:6‭-‬8 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment