Saturday, July 6, 2013

FREEDOM

Through my recent struggles I have learned this: I have learned that love must be unconditional, consistent, and unwavering. I have learned what that looks like. It must be unattached to any specific outcome or circumstance, and be entirely for the best interest of the person whom I love. Furthermore God has shown me this truth with absolute certainty: If I do not let her go entirely, yielding in surrender before God and His will, then she sits on the throne of my heart. This cannot be. God must be first, and Jesus must be supreme. Only in this reality am I truly free and empowered with the confidence and courage that I need to be the man God has made me to be. If I hold to her instead of God, then I am a slave to her, and as a consequence I suffer the torment of never being fulfilled. In God’s faithfulness He has brought me to a place where I must let go, yet He has gracefully given be the understanding to go along with it. I yield. I let go entirely of her, of my ideas, of my hopes, and my dreams. I surrender to the will of God. I do not know what lies ahead, but I know that I do not own the outcome. I find great peace and rest in this understanding. My love for her is no less, for I know what real love is, but I have been made free from the enslavement of my own mind. God must be first. Anytime anyone, or anything, comes before God it is idolatry. God is in the business of destroying idols. He loves us too much let us be enslaved in our sin. True freedom only lies in Him. Whatever, or whoever, sits on the throne of your heart, I pray that you might re-evaluate your life. Do not force God to remove what keeps you dead and enslaved, just so that He can save your soul and give you life. It hurts to have things torn from our hands. Much better to willing yield them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment