Sunday, February 1, 2015

Revelation of Truth

I don't hold fast to any doctrine of man. God gave me an analogy once. He showed me a vision of Jesus and I walking down this winding path, like Tha path of knowledge of Him, and as we were walking He was showing me all of these awesomely amazing things (For this is what was happening to me through the Word. Every day was an eureka moment.)

As we were walking we passed men who sat on the side, holding beautiful flowers in their hands that represented some of the Truths God was revealing in His Word. These men had grabbed ahold of these truths, closed their hands around them, and then camped out. Their sanctification was stunted until they would let go of that truth and keep walking with Jesus, letting Him show them more great and mighty things which they do not know.

There have been times I have been just as guilty, but Jesus patiently waits for the Holy Spirit to bring me under conviction and set me moving once again. We must give each other grace in this walk. God is infinite, and we are finite. I continue on that path today. The Truths I have been given, no man can take, but I eagerly wait for more great and mighty things which I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment