Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Whatever it Takes

All the time as God has me witnessing  to people I hear their problems and I see the calamity that lays before them, and I do not attempt to steer them from it. I know that God brings us to a place of brokenness so that we can be humbled before Him, and ANYTHING a person must endure to get there is absolutely worth it. In fact, to the contrary, I pray that God will crush their pride, whatever it takes, so that they may turn to Him. If Hell served that same purpose, then I would not feel the need to prevent it.

I went to prison for 20 months, and it was an absolute blessing that I would never change. It was an opportunity that most people don't get, because I got to spend 6 to 8 hours a day in prayer and reading the Bible for 20 months. To some that would suck, but anything that brings us closer to Jesus is well worth it.
Here is a very real example in my life... I have men in my life that God has given me to love from when I was in prison. One guy in particular has gotten out and violated, got out again and violated again, and got out again. When I talk to him I tell him that if he belongs to God He will do whatever is necessary to bring him to Himself. Him going back to prison doesn't even cause me to flinch because I see the scope of the eternal. Whatever it takes will be well worth it. I know how bad prison sucks because I too was there, but who cares how bad it hurts if that is what is required to bring about the glory of God?

I have another friend, a very dear brother of mine, who has served 25 years in prison so far. He is a godly man now (has been for the last 15 years), and I would love to see him free. The thing is that we both know that our lives are God's, and we are willing to endure whatever He has called us to for His glory. We know that anything we endure for ANY amount of time is worth eternity with Christ.

If Hell was a duration of time that would end, and the result was eternal life, I would encourage anyone to endure whatever God has called them to knowing that the end result was eternal life.

Paul is the most blessed man with spiritual maturity in the Bible after Jesus came (in my opinion), and if I have this eternal perspective even though I am nobody how much more did He?! In Romans 9 he expresses his great sorrow for the Jews who could not receive the promises. If their missing out was only for a duration of time I am sure his response would have been of joy instead of sorrow.

I know it isn't though, so I preach the Kingdom of God and call people urgently to repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment