Friday, October 2, 2015

Secure

I have had a few conversations recently about whether or not a person can lose their salvation or not. In fact, I left a church over this very topic. Listen to what the Bible says, and you decide.

Remember that the Holy Spirit is the GUARANTEE, and God CANNOT lie.

In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
Ephesians 1:13-14 NKJV

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
II Corinthians 1:21-22 NKJV

When a person is regenerated, he is filled with the Holy Spirit. Such a person is secure in Christ.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.
Ezekiel 36:26-27 NKJV

There is only one reason people fall away.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they  went  out  that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.
I John 2:19 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment