Thursday, October 22, 2015

Psalms 119

LOL!! I do not care about proving Calvinism or disproving Arminianism. I simply care about truth, and exposing the lie. Just so happen these are all tied together.

You must have missed some of those important words... It is God doing all the doing.

Remove from me the way of lying, And grant me Your law graciously.
Psalms 119:29 NKJV

Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, For I delight in it. Incline my heart to Your testimonies, And not to covetousness. Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, And revive me in Your way. Establish Your word to Your servant, Who is  devoted to fearing You.
Psalms 119:35-38 NKJV

Why does David run the course of His commandments? Because God has enlarged his heart to do so.

I will run the course of Your commandments, For You shall enlarge my heart.
Psalms 119:32 NKJV

Here is something else people don't realize my friend... Many say the Psalms support the heresy of Arminianism, BUT... We know that once God gives us His Spirit that HE CAUSES us to obey His statutes.

I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.
Ezekiel 36:27 NKJV

Guess what was done BEFORE the Psalms were written?!

Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD CAME UPON DAVID FROM THAT DAY FORWARD. So Samuel arose and went to Ramah.
I Samuel 16:13 NKJV

The OT is FULL of spiritual truths my brother. David is not talking about the Law as given through Moses, but rather the heart and will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment